Voice less[th] as in Think
Sound formation instruction:
||To pronounce the voice less/th/ sound, keep your mouth slightly open so there is just enough space to place the tip of your tongue between your upper and lower teeth. Flatten the tip of your tongue and touch the tip of your upper teeth. Push out a voiceless stream of air over the tongue through your teeth. Make sure your voice is not on (vocal cords are not vibrating).|
- The student thought the test was too easy.
- She loves the smell of popcorn in the theater.
- Tina felt like she saw the movie a thousand times.
- After a long day at work, she could not wait to relax in her bathtub.
- The actor was enthusiastic about his first movie.
- This year my birthday is on a Thursday.
- There was nothing that she cared more about than her teeth.
- When they arrived at the hotel, Mike realized he forgot his toothbrush.
- Beth hated it when her date talked to her while chewing a mouthful of food.
- Athena was the first to figure out how to solve the math problem.
- The fog was so thick that there were hardly any cars on the road.
- He used a toothpick to pick the food from his teeth .
- The athlete was thirsty after he ran the marathon.
- Anthony was thankful for his health.
- Arthur was so wealthy that he could go to the mall and buy anything he wanted.
I was not too thrilled to hear someone knocking on my door early one morning. My car was broken into and my Roaring Thunder stereo system was stolen the night before. I spent the night making a police report and watching a deputy clean his teeth with a toothpick . I thought it was the worst birthday I ever had.
When I finally answered the door, I was face to face with a thin man wearing a long trench coat. “Are you Arthur Smith ?” he asked. I nodded. “My name is Detective Matthews . We found your stereo, but I need to ask you a few questions.”
I let Detective Matthews inside and asked if he was thirsty . He refused, but I poured myself a glass of water because my throat was dry. He asked me where I purchased the stereo and where I had it installed. I told him about a shop in downtown called Theo's Toys. It turned out that the stereo was made with several illegal parts, and it was worth more than the three hundred dollars I paid for it.
“The State's willing to give you $10,000 (ten thousand dollars), so it can be used as evidence in court,” he said. I didn't even have to think about it. I took the money and thanked the detective. It wasn't the worst birthday I've ever had after all.
english pronunciation exercises by EnglishSecret.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Based on a work at www.EnglishSecret.com.
We would like to add more videos and instructions, but financially it has been difficult.