Middle [r] as in Very
Sound formation instruction:
Middle R sound instruction is same as the initial R sound.
So, here is the initial "R" sound instruction: |
This R sound usually occurs in the beginning of the word. To pronounce the R sound, make sure the sides of your tongue are lightly touching the inside edge of your upper level teeth. (around the second and third upper side teeth, also known as molars.) The tongue tip is pointing toward the roof of your mouth close to a 90-degree angle. Keep your mouth slightly open and push the air out. Make sure your voice is on.
- My brother was hungry so he ate all the crabs.
- I arrive in Arizona around six o'clock.
- Sherri broke her camera and had to buy another one.
- I grew a cherry tree in my yard.
- Carl likes to eat fresh carrots and celery.
- Harriet got a bad injury from doing aerobics.
- I think frozen yogurt is a nice treat.
- I saw a brown gorilla going crazy at the zoo.
- My son likes to hear stories about pirates and treasure.
- The preacher at church yelled “ Praise the Lord!”
- I like chocolate syrup and sprinkles on my ice cream.
- Carrie is a terrific tambourine player.
- I drove a truck through terrible traffic yesterday.
- The sheriff told the robber to surrender or else he would shoot.
- I'm sure Mary will hurry home and bring the fruit from the store.
- The president gave a speech on the proposal for the projected tax cut.
- I am proud of Zachary for getting a promotion.
Mary had a big problem that was causing her a lot of grief. Her mother proposed that Mary make dinner for the family. This put a lot of pressure on Mary seeing as how she felt she could not mirror the same terrific cooking skills her brother had. However, Mary decided to try her hardest to make a very nice dinner for her family.
The first thing Mary did was drive to the super market to get the appropriate items. She had a lot of trouble trying to figure out what everyone would enjoy. The first thing she decided to get was a large loaf of French bread. Next, she decided to make a salad and got some lettuce, carrots, celery, and cucumbers. Mary thought some fresh fruit would dress up the table, so she got some grapes.
Mary then had to figure out what to make for the main course and thought about something the whole family would agree on. Her brother enjoyed greasy food, so she thought about making fries and fried chicken. However, her parents preferred seafood, so she thought about making broiled crab. It was getting late and everyone would be hungry soon, so Mary decided to compromise and make fried shrimp and chicken breast.
Mary hurried home so she could begin the cooking process. First, she had to prepare the salad and put the grapes in a pretty bowl. Next, she seasoned the shrimp and put it in the frying pan. Then, she put the chicken in the oven and set it on broil. Everyone thought the food was terrific and the dinner was a great success. For a final surprise, Mary brought out the cherry pie she made for dessert. Mary was glad her parents and brother were impressed by her newly found cooking skills.
english pronunciation exercises by EnglishSecret.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Based on a work at www.EnglishSecret.com.
We would like to add more videos and instructions, but financially it has been difficult.